30 years in existence.. there must be something I learned.

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

calling you mine

i sit here in my usual spot, having my morning coffee and cigarette. i watch the people hurrying to get to work - anxious to start a day of paper-pushing. while i try to enjoy the silence and the loneliness that eventually settles in, i push aside memories of you that come every now and then. it steals a minute or two from my silent reverie, wanting me to remember.. as if remembering you can actually make you mine. well... maybe you are... in my heart, you will always be mine.

2 comments:

torn said...

reading your posts is a reflection of my own life. i can't hold back my tears as my own pain fills me. i too am unable to be with the man i desire yet neither of us want to let go. how does a heart heal when the pain is self-inflicted?

imai said...

hi dear.. when i find an answer to your question, i'll make sure to let you know.. meanwhile, we're left with no option but to live with the pain and hope that one day, it will just go away.....