30 years in existence.. there must be something I learned.

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

bruised but not broken

in case you're wondering, i am ok now. i do not dwell anymore, i do not worry myself over you. it still hurt, i admit, but not as much. i tell myself that it's not worth the trouble.. you're not worth my tears. i am moving on - slowly, but i know things will be better for me.

if there is one thing i realized during my bouts with loneliness and depression is that all the women you've hurt, all the women who cried over you, have learned to let you go and moved on to have a better life. while you - you just become a part of the past, a lesson learned.. a mistake that will never be made again. it is sad that you have become what you are now, full of pretense and with no guilt.. taking advantage of those who have learned to love you unconditionally, living off their vulnerability.

the way you are now is your curse. i pray that you do not feel all the pain and cry all the tears when you finally find your one true love.

am i bitter? maybe.. i am bruised, but will never be broken.. at least not by you.

2 comments:

irisgodd3ss said...

Ah, the world is full of toxic men. I guess we've all had our share. We should become toxic women and teach them a thing or two. =D

imai said...

i totally agree! but isn't it weird how some women, including me, of course, get attracted to these toxic men?? i just don't get it... no matter how i try to stay away, i simple can't! haha!