30 years in existence.. there must be something I learned.

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

waiting after a one night stand

i held my breath as the phone rang... silently praying it was you calling me.. to tell me how much you've missed me.. to tell me you have a few hours to spare so we can be together. i closed my eyes and remembered how good it felt to have you beside me, inside me, all over me... making me feel that i am the only woman you ever wanted. i tried to hold on to that memory... the one night we both gave in to the temptation... the one time we forgot all else and believed it was just you and me....

but it wasn't you on the phone... and i realized that you will never call me again even if you had the time, even if you wanted to... because your family's more important to you.. while i, will be married soon....

2 comments:

irisgodd3ss said...

I know exactly how this feels. I just went through something like this barely a month ago. Its weird.

imai said...

it's hard, isn't it? the waiting... knowing deep inside that you really have nothing to wait for....