30 years in existence.. there must be something I learned.

Friday, May 18, 2007

i got bruises to show, but i survived!

May 16 saw my family and me travel from Manila to Sta. Rosa, Laguna to celebrate Kevin's 9th birthday in Enchanted Kingdom. yep, it was the celebrant's request, so we happily obliged. we all braved the heat at 2:30 pm because we didn't have the right sense to bring an umbrella, unlike my mom, who casually brought out hers and walked with her chin up and a smirk on her face! shheesh!

our first stop was the paintball thingy. we've always wanted to try it out. how hard could it be to shoot at someone, right?? wrong! the shooting itself was effortless.. you just point, close your eyes, pull the trigger and pray you hit someone - or something! but it was the heat that got to us... and the fear of actually getting hit by the paintball! now that was scary. after a few minutes, it was over. my sister, kevin's mom, had a huge bruise on her right elbow! nnngrrr! apparently, she got hit by my fiance, while hiding behind a huge balloon wall! imagine that?? we all went out of the field laughing and exhausted, specially when my mom showed us our picture.. we all looked like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles! hahaha!!


next was the flying fiesta... now, i particularly do not have a fear of heights. but heights combined with swinging around while on an angle is a different story! surprisingly though, i did not scream nor let out a single peep.. i just sat there. my eyes and mouth wide open, silently praying that it be over soon. after 2 minutes or so, my prayer was answered and we slowly descended. if flying would be like that, then i'd rather stick to walking, thank you very much!


and now the highlight of the trip... they made me ride the popular space shuttle! my mom literally pushed me to join my siblings and fiance.. the nerve of that woman! had i died that time, it would be on her conscience! hmp! i didn't die, of course. but they saw me white-faced, teary-eyed and with quivering jaws. i think my fiance felt guilty because he looked concerned when he asked me if i wanted to go down? he asks me after the "seatbelts" have been locked??? duh?! no, i didn't go down either. i just sat there, forever cursing at my fiance, and closed my eyes tightly. when the ride started, i started screaming. i held my fiance's hand so hard i think i broke his pinky.. serves him right for forcing me to ride the damn shuttle.. but in less than 1 minute, it was over. unfortunately, i have no pictures to show. no evidence of my bravery, but still, it was an experience i will never forget. i have bruises on both my elbows, probably from trying keep myself upright the whole time. i promised myself that the next time i ride, i would keep my eyes open. what could i possibly see in less than a minute, right?

the rest of the day was spent trying out the other rides. i had to excuse myself from riding Anchor's Away. like i said, i don't like swinging (and i mean that literally.. haha!). we went bump car driving, which wasn't really that much fun for me, and rode the roller skates - which only lasted for 30 seconds i think. and of course, the grand carousel where my mom finally consented into riding. the last we tried was the rio grande. and we all left the amusement park soaking wet!

it was a good day for all of us, specially for kevin, who also braved Anchor's Away... (clap, clap!) now, i'm actually considering spending my 31st birthday in Enchanted Kingdom! :)