30 years in existence.. there must be something I learned.

Thursday, May 10, 2007

unbelievable!

his call came as a surprise - the lawyer guy. i'm supposed to be angry with him because he's been holding my badminton racket hostage and ignoring me for the past months. and then the other day, he calls me. when i heard his voice, i literally waited for the tingly sensation i used to get when i talk to him, but it didn't come. but my anger didn't surface either. instead, we talked like we used to. we laughed, made jokes, he even asked me how i was. and then he said misses me and that he wanted to see me. was i free this weekend? if so, then he would bring my racket with him. if it were under normal circumstances, i would have said yes. so i was actually surprised, and proud, when i heard myself saying no.

and then yesterday, i went to my former office in makati and i saw him. again, i waited for the tingly sensation, and it didn't come either. instead, i found myself indifferent. sure, it was nice to see him, but that was it. and i almost laughed out loud when, in the middle of a conversation with my other former officemates, i received a text message from him. he was asking me to meet him at the stairwell of the fire exit - our tryst when we were still fooling around. ha! the audacity!! i walked out of the room and went to chat with another guy. he texted me again and said please... *sigh* i just can't believe he had the effrontery to ask me to meet him there. i didn't, of course, and he ignored me after that.

i left without saying goodbye properly, and i wasn't able to get my racket either! ggrrrr.... i swear, one of these days, this lawyer guy will find himself in court defending himself!

2 comments:

irisgodd3ss said...

Way to go, girl! Adios, to toxic men!

imai said...

thanks... i just hope i can keep up the resistance... you know how it is with insistent temptation... ;) haha!